Below we have listed links to other websites that provide additional information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
- Poison Control (800) 222-1222 A 24 hour hotline.
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- American Kennel Club (AKC) Provides a wealth of information about dog breeds and registers pedigreed dogs of recognized breeds.
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals The OFA is a non-profit organization that collates and disseminates information concerning orthopedic and genetic disease of animals.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The United States Department of Agriculture maintains this website which includes current information on a variety of animal health topics, including zoonotic and contagious diseases and interstate travel.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- West Nile Virus This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) The AVMA is the oldest and largest veterinary medical association in the world. Its official site is a good place to learn more about a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and animal welfare.
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) The CVMA is a veterinary professional organization focusing on issues affecting Californians and their animals.
- San Diego County Veterinary Medical Association (SDCVMA) Members This link provides a list of the names and addresses of the veterinary hospitals that are SDCVMA menbers.
- Pet Travel Information This site supplies a wealth of information about traveling with your pets, including airline requirements, international travel restrictions and quarantines, and pet-friendly hotels.
- ASPCA Website for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- San Diego Department of Animal Control The DAC is the enforcement agency for animal-related regulations and also handles adoptions, relinquishments, euthanasia, and dog licensing.
- San Diego Humane Society Website for the San Diego Humane Society.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors and is a good source information regarding feline health issues.
- San Diego Office of the County Veterinarian Website for the San Diego County Veterinarian Office.
- Scripps Ranch Marketplace Website for the Scripps Ranch Marketplace, home to Scripps Parkway Veterinary Hospital.